Sunday, November 28, 2010

Last weeks message at Mariner's Church

Just wanted to share a quick message, about last weeks message at Mariners. Two things that really cam up:

1.  Wanting what you have.   Which means, wanting what God has poured out into your life.  If you think you will be happy by having something else, more money, more house, more material possessions, those people who are in those spots, will tell you, happiness is not here, it over there, and so on. So the bottom line is be happy where you are.

2.  Have a truly thankful spirit. Give thanks in everything. He said, I am so thankful for x, y, and z, it could not be better.  Here is an example:

I am so thankful for my house, it could not be better
I am so thankful for my car, it could not be better
I am so thank for my co-workers, they could not be better
I am so thankful for my body, it could not be better (actually this one caused a lot of laughter)

I tried living this way last week, and I can tell you having an attitude of appreciation and gratitude, gave an all new perspective to the week and things that happened.

No comments: